Episode Summary – Steps to Finding Your Niche for an Online Business
Have you wanted to start a blog, build an online store, build a business online but don’t know where to start? This episode explores how selecting the right Niche (read theme or topic idea) will lead you to success, why having a niche is so important and what steps you can take today to find your calling.
Subscribe to the Digitally Sassy Podcast:
Key Points – Steps to Finding Your Niche
- A niche defines your industry and the products and services you will offer within that. It is a combination of your interests and the demand in the market place.
- Look for solutions to problems
- Find your niche:
- Start by writing down your interests
- Narrow down your list to the top 2 or 3
- List ten articles you could write on each topic.
- Join Facebook groups and social media in those niche areas. Identify gaps and problems.
- Do keyword research to determine the strength of the niche. Are people looking for information on what your topic area may be?
- Know that you can change your mind, or make smaller pivots in your business direction.
Take away quotes – Finding your ideal niche
” She was powerful. Not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly despite the fear.” Atticus
“Once you have your rhythm down and you want to grow another business go for it. But I do encourage you to give yourself time and grace for the learning curve.”