Episode Summary – Strategic Planning:
Developing a strategic plan for even the smallest online business or blog is a key component for being successful online. This episode will guide you through how to easily develop your own strategic plan and offers an accompanying workbook. If you don’t know where you are going, you won’t know how to get there. Planning provides an important roadmap that helps you focus and prioritize your work.
Subscribe to the Digitally Sassy Podcast:
Key Points – Strategic Planning
- Strategic planning:
- Allows you and anyone you’re working with to be on the same path and working together for the same goals.
- It improves and enables you to apply for any funding.
- Provides a roadmap of what you need to do.
- Provides a basis for making decisions
- Supports moving from just planning and thinking about things to taking action.
- Improves communication
- Helps you focus your energy, resources and time.
- Prioritizes your financial needs
- Provide structure to ideas and that allows you to anticipate challenges.
Takeaway Quotes – Strategic Planning
“[11:55] There are many ways to monetize, but if you put money in your strategic plan, particularly in your vision and mission, then personally I think you’ll really struggle to be successful with that because value needs to comes first.”
“[17:38]You need to work through your vision, mission, and values in order to really hone in on those goals that help you get there. Again, if you don’t know where you’re going, you won’t know how to get there.”
Resources – Strategic Planning